There are plenty of great things you can do to your car to give it a unique look, more performance, and improve the interior styling and feel…..But if you don’t get it right, you can ruin your car’s ride, aesthetics and drivability which will spoil your car and waste your money.
There is a plethora of low quality, poor fitment and poor result parts all claiming to be perfect for your car that anyone can buy over the internet. At Pace we are regularly asked to fit aftermarket enhancement parts and the result is often not what the client intended. Of course the dollars matter, but if you don’t buy the right products it’s a complete waste of time and money, not to mention a hugely disappointing exercise for everybody.
At Pace we have gathered the right suppliers from around the globe that supply high quality perfect fitment parts, designed for your car that come with a warranty if we fit them for you. You chose the parts from our selected suppliers, and we’ll import and fit them for you.
So, I’m going to take my 2013 BMW F30 335i in its standard, but a little boring form, and add my choice of enhancements for you to see the transformation, step by step as it happens. I love the way this car drives and it already has plenty of power, so I don’t want to do anything that interferes with that. And I also want to keep it for many years to come, so I better get it right…….
Firstly, lets break these enhancements down into 3 main sections
- Engine performance
- Exterior Styling
- Interior Styling
1. The best way to get more power from your car is by re-mapping the engine ECU. Couple this with small air flow enhancements, being a larger intake to turbo charger tube and a larger hi-flow catted turbo down pipe, and around 25% more BHP comes bursting out of the engine bay. This gives greatly improved power, efficiency, a nice exhaust note, and even improved fuel economy. For more detail on the ECU re-mapping see performance tuning on this website.
2. The exterior can be changed greatly depending on the look you are going for. I’m going to change and modify the following items:
- Front kidney grill replacement
- Rear boot lid spoiler
- Rear valance trim from chrome to black
- Painted brake calipers in heat treated paint
- New Momo rims and Pirelli tyres going from 18” standard to 19” staggered rims in ‘Anthracite’ black to improve the cars stance with wider rear wheels
- Exhaust tip enhancement
3. The next enhancement is the interior, and this is a highly individual section. We will be sourcing some minor speaker grill and window button surrounds in brushed stainless look, but the biggest enhancement is the standard BMW woodgrain trim. We will be removing the trim and having all 8 sections covered in high grade 3M vinyl in my personal choice of vinyl to suit the car. Apart from these two things the car’s interior is beautifully functional, comfortable and has a great sound system. Again, I’m not going to interfere with already perfectly integrated systems, I’m just tailoring the interior aesthetics to my personal style.
To finish this dialogue off, there are many performance and styling components you can buy to ‘Enhance Your Ride’ but I can’t stress to you enough how important it is to buy the correct parts so you can achieve what you are setting out to do. To get 70% of the desired result is not going to ‘float your boat.’
We are here to assist you to get a 100% + result so nothing is going to wipe that smile off your face, and you find yourself getting out of bed just to look at your ride.